We are reaching out to update you on some operational changes that we have put in place to help protect you and our staff when we reopen for traditional care on Monday, May 18.
We have always practiced universal precautions as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Safety is always our number one focus. Our high standard of care ensures that your trust and safety are never compromised. In compliance with public health recommendations, anyone with cold symptoms, including a cough or fever, should stay home. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date. As we resume our normal operations, we have added the following COVID-19 safety precautions.
- We ask patients to come alone (unless a minor or a caregiver). We are also limiting the number of people in the operatory while treatment is being administered.
- Please wear a mask.
- When entering you will be asked to sanitize your hands. Sanitizer will be made readily available throughout the office.
- Patients will complete a COVID-19 questionnaire and have their temperature taken.
To Enhance Patient Safety and to Follow CDC Recommendations:
- During a dental visit, we ask that you respect social distancing requirements by avoiding contact with others, such as hand-shaking, hugging, touching or sharing non-treatment related items.
- Patients will be asked to pre-rinse with an antibacterial/antiviral mouth rinse.
- We have installed HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters in the waiting area and in each operatory. HEPA filters remove airborne particles and recirculate clean air.
Every half hour our team will complete a "disinfectant sweep" by cleaning all office door handles, and desk areas with sanitizing wipes.
We continue to uphold our standard precautions in regard to cleanliness and sanitation. During this closure we implemented new personal protective equipment (PPE) protocols to increase the safety of our patients and staff. This will require a thirty-five dollar fee added to all appointments. Our goal is to adhere to all recommendations from the CDC and OSHA. These are unprecedented times and we hope you understand. You can be assured safety measures at our office will continue to evolve as more information develops. We look forward to serving you.